It only takes a few moments to share an article, but the person on the other end who reads it might have his life changed forever.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

What REALLY happens when you give up sugar and alcohol for just one month (hint: you lose weight, cholesterol levels drop and blood pressure goes down)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3263390/Man-gives-added-sugar-alcohol-one-month-loses-weight.html

'Increasingly, research is showing us that added sugars contribute to health problems and our ever-growing waistlines - but it isn't just sugar that is the bogeyman. 
'Sacha ditches all processed foods and in doing so he also ends up eating less saturated fat, less salt, fewer refined ingredients and fewer additives. 
'By replacing his old processed foods with wholesome, nutritious alternatives, he gives his body the fuels and nutrients that it needs to function at its best. 
'By following his example, many of us could achieve similar -  if not better - results. And as he has discovered, our tastes really are trained by our eating habits, so take heart: by sticking at it one day breaking that bad habit will get easier.'


This article is pretty much been my journey for the last two years. Sine then I went from what was most likely an unhealthy 189 pounds to a more healthier 166 pounds. And like  Sacha I to still crash once and a while, I guess its all part of the journey. The interesting part of this journey is when I run into people who have not seen me in months, their first reaction is always " Have you been sick " we as a society have accepted our overweight unhealthy appearance so we look upon a healthier appearance as being sickly, we have been well programed.

I cheat once and a while but have not touched a drop of  alcohol in an abundance form in a long time. Sure at times we go out for dinner and ill have one drink but nothing like I use to, and to be honest I have no desire either.


Ive had recent blood work done, and well strait from the doctors mouth and I quote " Bill you have the vitals of a fit 20 year old "  not bad for a soon to be 50 year old guy. But as I noted my energy levels still crash at times, and I don't feel its from a lack of food as I eat all day, I think its more of the type of food I eat therefore  less filling so I require more.
 I laugh when I see pictures of myself from 2 years ago, I was heavier than I thought, even though I work out daily, I was bloated and most likely a ticking time bomb on the inside.

Bottom line folks, get healthy, stay healthy and you stay out of the emergency room and out of Big Phama's prescription Med monopoly.

No comments:

Post a Comment