- NY Fed expect slow gradual rise in PCE and energy prices
- Economy is exactly what FOMC expected
- Current environment you can wait and see about the economy
- It is okay to hike a little but no need for major Fed tightening; data not screaming to hike
- Q1 tracking estimates and showing sub 1% growth
- Fed has hit its goals
- Backing shrinking the Fed's bond portfolio now
Bullard is generally more dovish. At one point in 2016 he was not looking for any rate hikes in 2017. His tune has changed a little more recently but is still more interested in keeping the tightening under control.