It only takes a few moments to share an article, but the person on the other end who reads it might have his life changed forever.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Trump says he likes low-interest rate policy

More from the WSJ
  • "I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you"
  • He's undecided on Yellen but 'most likely' won't reappoint her
  • Mnuchin says Treasury 'very close' to filling vacancy at Fed
"I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that's my fault because people have confidence in me. But that's hurting-that will hurt ultimately," he said. "Look, there's some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good."
He continued, "It's very, very hard to compete when you have a strong dollar and other countries are devaluing their currency."

For me, the comment on him saying he likes low rates is far bigger news than a bit of USD jawboning. He's going to stack the Fed with doves.

No comments:

Post a Comment